[DRBD-user] DRBD 8 on top of LVM

Jeff Fisher jeff at lfchosting.com
Tue May 8 15:52:48 CEST 2007

Does anyone here use DRBD 8 on top of LVM?

I have a ~1TB file system (full of small files, < 50K) that I would like
to take backups of but I'd like to do the backup on the secondary
machine if possible.

My thinking is that I can take an LVM snapshot of the drbd device and
then mount it and do my backup there. This way, I'm taking advantage of
the secondary that is sitting there and not doing any reads to its disks.

I have not tested this at all yet and I am not even sure if this will
work. Does anyone do anything similar to this?

Thanks,
Jeff