[DRBD-user] Problem to connect root

Cyril Aubert cyril.aubert at space-info.fr
Thu Mar 1 17:35:27 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have got a strange problem with drbd-0.7.21-1. I use drbd on 2 servers
installed with SLES9 SP3.
Drbd replicate lvm partition mounted by heartbeat.

Sometime, I can't connect myself on one server with a root login.
I was blocked after typing password

login: root
Password:

I can open a no-root session.

With a shell opened and looged with root before that the problem occure,
I managed to stop drbd service.
Just after, all things returns to normal.

It seems that a drbd process blocks the new root login.

Have you ever seen the problem and have you got the solution, please ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Cyril AUBERT.