[DRBD-user] restart of one node refusing to update , gfs , drbd-8.0.3

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 21 16:40:28 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:37:47AM +0530, anugunj anuj singh wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using
>
> I am using drbd-8.0.3 version on redhat enterprise 4 linux.
> my drdb.conf
>
> global { usage-count yes; }
>       common { syncer { rate 10M; } }
>       resource r0 {
>            protocol C;
>
>        startup { wfc-timeout 12; degr-wfc-timeout 120; }
>            net {
>                 cram-hmac-alg sha1;
>                 shared-secret "prolog";
>                 allow-two-primaries;
>
>            }
>            on pr009.prolo.com {
>                 device    /dev/drbd1;
>                 disk      /dev/hdb10;
>                 address   192.168.10.38:7789;
>                 meta-disk  internal;
>            }
>            on pr0005.prolo.com {
>                 device    /dev/drbd1;
>                 disk      /dev/hda6;
>                 address   192.168.10.31:7789;
>                 meta-disk  internal;
>            }
>

> As a testing purpose I did a restart to pr009.prolo.com machine, it is
> giving me error,
>
> /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk r0 start
> giving me this error.
>

> drbd1: State change failed: Refusing to be Primary without at least one
> UpToDate disk
> drbd1:   state = { cs:WFConnection st:Secondary/Unknown ds:Inconsistent/DUnknown r--- }

it is not connected. local disk is inconsistent.
it has no access to good data, thus it refuses to become primary.

> State change failed: (-2) Refusing to be Primary without at least one
> UpToDate disk
> Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 primary' terminated with exit code 11
> drbdsetup exited with code 11
>
> 1.Am i missing something in my drbd.conf?

find out why it does not connect to the other node,
get it to connect and resync.
if you get "split-brain detected" (which is likely in two-primary
setups), then chose from the available after-split-brain handlers,
and configure appropriately in drbd.conf.

> 2. If one node goes down can I run a custom system command threw
> drdb.conf, like system reboot, alert mail ?

set up some external monitoring system to alert you of whatever events
you want to monitor. nagios comes to mind.

> 3. Do I have to always make primary if some node restarts?

if you want it to be primary, and you don't have any cluster manager
or other thing to do that for you, you should add this to the drbd init
script. or add it as its own initscript to be run later in the boot
process.

> 4. From where can I set sync time properties

hu? you don't mean the syncer section in drbd.conf?

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :