[DRBD-user] GFS primary/primary howto

Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:23:13 CEST 2007

hi,
I am using drbd-8.0.3 version on redhat enterprise 4 linux.
my /etc/drdb.conf is
global { usage-count yes; }
       common { syncer { rate 10M; } }
       resource r0 {
            protocol C;
            net {
                 cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                 shared-secret "prolog";
            }
            on pr009.prolo.com {
                 device    /dev/drbd1;
                 disk      /dev/hdb10;
                 address   192.168.10.38:7789;
                 meta-disk  internal;
            }
            on pr0005.prolo.com {
                 device    /dev/drbd1;
                 disk      /dev/hda6;
                 address   192.168.10.31:7789;
                 meta-disk  internal;
            }
       }

while making primary both the nodes, second node gives me this error
        act_log: used:0/127 hits:0 misses:0 starving:0 dirty:0 changed:0
[root at pr009 scripts]# drbdadm primary r0
State change failed: (-1) Multiple primaries not allowed by config
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 primary' terminated with exit code 11
how to make both nodes primary/primary simultaneously? in drbdsetup
man pages there is one option with -m . but i am unable to use it.

target is to mount gfs on both nodes for cluster HA.
 drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 primary -o
State change failed: (-1) Multiple primaries not allowed by config
Using -m option
drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 primary  -m
drbdsetup: unrecognized option '-m'

how to make it primary primary ,