[DRBD-user] Upgrade path for drbd?

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Mon Jun 18 18:39:45 CEST 2007

	Hello,

What is the recommended procedure for upgrading drbd without the interruption
of the H-A cluster?

I have a heartbeat-based H-A cluster with some shared state on a drbd volume.
The system was Fedora 5 with 2.6.18 kernel and drbd-8.0pre4. I have upgraded
the secondary node to Fedora 7 and compiled drbd-8.0.3 module. However,
after "drbdadm up all" on the secondary node it complains that the protocol
version on one side is 82, while on the other side it is 86.

Is it possible to upgrade drbd without stopping both nodes simultaneously
(i.e. without the outage of the whole H-A cluster)?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |