[DRBD-user] OCFS2 do not sync

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Jul 6 14:02:10 CEST 2007

On 2007-07-06T13:43:12, Damian Sidor <sid at nvt.pl> wrote:

> >Which kernel, which heartbeat version, which drbd / ocfs2 versions?
> >

> DRBD: Version: 8.0.3 (api:86)
> Heartbeat - version 2.0.8

2.0.8 from upstream?! That's _ancient_. Did you follow the threads on
the linux-ha list at all?

http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/ha-clustering

> OCFS2 - version 1.1.0

1.1.0? That's beyond ancient. 2.6.21 should have a much more recent
version included.

> kernel - Linux 2.6.21-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sat May 26 17:22:54 CEST 2007
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
> it's Debian 4.0

Did you apply the user-space heartbeat patches from the SUSE kernel tree
to OCFS2? Otherwise, Linux HA can't manage an OCFS2 filesystem
properly.

(They are not yet included in the OCFS2 upstream codebase.)

Your errors indicate you didn't. That will blow up.

> >I just noticed you're cloning the IPaddr as well. That won't work. At
> >all. Why are you doing that?
> >
> i want to have loadbalancing service - sendmail. with external
> loadbalancer. from my observation it's working well except drbd +ocfs2

So, why do you do something which doesn't work? IPaddr cannot be cloned.
IPaddr2 has support for cluster IP, but not IPaddr.

> the filesystem is not mounted... I think i must change my conception to
> 2 drbd disks with master/slave state and dedicated to active service on
> cluster node :(

That's pretty certainly going to be simpler to debug, yes.

Regards,
    Lars