[DRBD-user] halt after split brain on Red Hat Cluster 5

Florian G. Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Jul 3 10:44:10 CEST 2007

Chris,

since you're on RHCM, are you sure it's DRBD that's causing your node lockup?
When RHCM loses the connection to the peer node, AFAIK it will assume it's in
split brain until it is certain that the peer has been properly fenced.
Assuming you don't have fencing in place, now would probably be a good time
to implement it. For testing purposes, you may use the "manual" fence device,
which you must acknowledge using fence_ack_manual.

I hope this is applicable to your setup. Let us know if it helps. Mind that my
suggestions stem from experience gathered using RHEL 4 U4 and GFS, but the
scenario you describe sounds all too familiar. :-)

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas