[DRBD-user] VMware ESX 3 + iSCSI Enterprise Target/DRBD gone terribly wrong - help!

Jakobsen nospam at raakilde.net
Tue Jul 3 09:38:23 CEST 2007

I have some critical issues with three ESX 3.0.1 servers, that access an
iSCSI Enterprise Target. The iSCSI target is replicating with another server
with DRBD, and everything works fine WITHOUT DRBD ENABLED.

When I enable DRBD, it starts a full sync that takes about 1 hour to
complete, and everything seems fine. After the full sync, DRBD is not under
heavy load anymore. Suddenly - without any errors on the DRBD servers - the
VMware guests starts throwing I/O errors at me, and everything goes
read-only.

Have any of you guys got the same problem? I have no clue what the problem
can be.

/Jakobsen