[DRBD-user] drbdsetup doesn't know --do-what-i-say

Thomas Gräber list at aepnet.de
Mon Feb 26 15:10:22 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm using Opensuse 10.2 as Guest OS in an Vmware-Server. I have installed DRBD
and the Kernelmodule from the DVD.
I've configured drbd and started it via the init-script. Both nodes are up,
but in secondary/inconsistent state.
the command:
drbdadm primary all
on the first node fails because of the inconsistent-state.

drbdadm -- --do-what-i-say  primary all
says:
drbdsetup: unrecognized option '--do-what-i-say'
but:
drbdadm -- -d  primary all
says:
You have to spell out --do-what-i-say, if you mean it

drbdsetup seems to know the parameter, but doesn't accept it.
Has anyone any idea, why?
I've also tried to compile the actual-drbd-Version from drbd.org, but same
Problem.

It would be beautiful, if someone had some hints for me.

Thanks,
Thomas