[DRBD-user] Re: Heartbeat V2 w/CRM and DRBD 8

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Dec 20 21:54:31 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 12:06:11PM -0600, Terry Hull wrote:
> Is there any documentation on using DRBD V8 with Heartbeat V2 and CRM?
> I saw the docs on linux-ha.org about using heartbeat with V7 of DRBD,
> but the notes say that only V7 of DRBD is known to work.  Is that still
> the case?

we still use the heartbeat v1 style "drbddisk" "resource agent",
even with crm style heartbeat, because it tends to behave more
predictably than the "multistate drbd" resource agent.

drbd is loaded and configured by init,
role changes (secondary <-> primary)
are controlled by heartbeat using
the drbddisk script.  it just works.

if you want to go the "multistate" route, and use the "OCF" drbd
resource agent, make sure you use the very latest heartbeat and script.
it has been very much improved, I think, though I did not personally
look at this multistate resource stuff recently.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :