[DRBD-user] adjusting rate broken?

Rafał Kupka rkupka+Listy.Drbd at pronet.com.pl
Tue Dec 18 12:40:10 CET 2007

Note: "permalinks" may not be as permanent as we would like,
direct links of old sources may well be a few messages off.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 11:56:07AM +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> I just started my very first drbd test setup, but it looks like the 
> devices are synchronizing a bit slowly: ~800 kB/s.
> The fine manual says:
> rate rate
>     To ensure smooth operation of the application on top of DRBD, it is 
> possible to limit the bandwidth which may be used by background 
> synchronizations. The default is 250 KB/sec, the default unit is KB/sec. 
> Optional suffixes K, M, G are allowed.
> So, why is it so slow (~800 kB/s), if I have rate set to 10M?
> common { syncer { rate 10M; } }

Can you try to move syncer section to resource config?

I had some problems with common section (settings do not work) some time
ago but doesn't investigate problem further.

> Let's try to increase this value then ("Optional suffixes K, M, G are 
> allowed"):
> common { syncer { rate 1G; } }

It's one _gigabyte_per_second_ -

> Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work:
> # drbdadm adjust -d
> /etc/drbd.conf:2: rate 1G => 1048576K out of range [1..700000]K.

- looks like above some config limit in drbd.
> When I set this to 100M, it just shows help:
> # drbdadm adjust -d

# drbdadm adjust -d all
# drbdadm adjust -d r0

Great software without the knowledge to run it is pretty useless.
(Linux Gazette #1)

More information about the drbd-user mailing list