[DRBD-user] CVS replication with drbd?

Tracy R Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Tue Dec 18 09:32:49 CET 2007

I have a situation where I have local developers in town with tons of
bandwidth and remote developers in Argentina with only a T1. I am hoping
to replicate some data including our CVS repository to Argentina so they
have a local copy. Sometimes they have to check out 200M of code and it
takes forever over a T1. If it were constantly synced up and ready when
they needed it things would be much nicer.

Can DRBD be safely used (over VPN) over the Internet as opposed to just
between two boxes on the same LAN?

If I want both locations to be able to write to the volume I assume I
will have to use something like GFS. Anyone have experience running CVS
on GFS on DRBD over the Internet?

Is this whole idea nuts?

--
Tracy R Reed                  Read my blog at http://ultraviolet.org
Key fingerprint = D4A8 4860 535C ABF8 BA97  25A6 F4F2 1829 9615 02AD