[DRBD-user] Kernel BUG on drbd disconnect

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Dec 5 23:28:16 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:30:29PM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> On Montag 03 Dezember 2007, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> <snip>
> > Sometimes, when rebooting one of the nodes, it will crash the respective
> > other.
> <snip>
>
> Friendly bump...
>
> Is there anything I can do to track it down further? drbd8 must be involved in
> this kernel BUG, because it's the only live connection between the two
> boxes - heartbeat is disabled for debugging purposes, and otherwise the Xen
> domUs are independent.

I don't see any drbd thing in those stack traces.
drbd may or may not be involved.
if it is involved, it may be only because it is adding to memory
pressure, or to mem pressure and network and io load at the same time,
or it may be because it gave indeed some invalid page pointer to the
tcp_sendpage function, which is then only noticed somewhat later.

but my first guess would be that you get an in kernel stack overflow
some reason, so you may want to first investigate in that direction.

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :