[DRBD-user] Reading verification - Protocol D?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 19:47:25 CEST 2007

Have there been any thoughts of creating a version of
DRBD, maybe a new protocol: D, that would perform
reads from both nodes to ensure data integrity, maybe
with some form of checksumming added in to help
recover from any inconsistencies?  Or, is there some
better way to achieve this using DRBD and some form of
RAID?  The idea that might data could just morph on
disk sometimes scares me. :)  Or this could simply be
a way to sanity check drbd to uncover any programming
problems that would cause the nodes to become
inconsistent.

ciao,

-Martin