[DRBD-user] Question about using DRBD

Tony's Linux linux at oaktechnologies.com.au
Tue Sep 12 12:06:15 CEST 2006

hi,

I want to use drbd for Samba and Samba already sits on /var/lib/samba in SuSe
10.1.
I created a new partition /dev/hda6 which i would like to use for Samba only.
A few qusestion come to mind:

1. What happens if there are already some files in that
directory,ie., /var/lib/samba ?

2. Will drbd handle files which are already in that directory ?  Or do i have
to back it up and then copied it into the directory ?

Thanks for clarifying.

Tony