[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-announce] drbd-8.0pre6.tar.gz

Don Meyer dlmeyer at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 4 02:14:51 CET 2006

Philipp,

I tried to build RPMs against this tarball on my
RHEL4 build system earlier today, and it failed
with the stock distribution code.   I traced the
problem down to line 100 of
drbd/linux/connector.h -- where gfp_t is defined
if it supposedly has not already.

I found that the comparison in line 97, looking
for KERNEL_HAS_GFP_T is not finding this value
defined, although the RHEL kernels do have the
definitions in place.   Substituting the
following in line 97 fixes the problem, prevents
the redefinition and allows the package to build apparently correctly.

#if defined(NETLNK_ROUTE6) && !defined(__LINUX_GFP_H)

This correctly identifies that the RHEL4 gfp.h
has been processed, and avoids the
redefinition.   The comment at line 99 states
"Ths ifdef check needs to be refined" --
hopefully you can incorporate this little tidbit toward this end.

Cheers,
-D