[DRBD-user] Re: [DRBD-announce] drbd-8.0pre6.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Sat Nov 4 11:36:20 CET 2006

Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 02:14 schrieb Don Meyer:
> Philipp,
>
> I tried to build RPMs against this tarball on my
> RHEL4 build system earlier today, and it failed
> with the stock distribution code.   I traced the
> problem down to line 100 of
> drbd/linux/connector.h -- where gfp_t is defined
> if it supposedly has not already.
>
> I found that the comparison in line 97, looking
> for KERNEL_HAS_GFP_T is not finding this value
> defined, although the RHEL kernels do have the
> definitions in place.   Substituting the
> following in line 97 fixes the problem, prevents
> the redefinition and allows the package to build apparently correctly.
>
> ----------------------------------
> #if defined(NETLNK_ROUTE6) && !defined(__LINUX_GFP_H)
> ----------------------------------
>
> This correctly identifies that the RHEL4 gfp.h
> has been processed, and avoids the
> redefinition.   The comment at line 99 states
> "Ths ifdef check needs to be refined" --
> hopefully you can incorporate this little tidbit toward this end.

Hi Don,

Unfortunately we con not use the test on __LINUX_GFP_H because
e.g. on a vanilla 2.6.16 this define is set, but the gfp_t type
is not defined by teh gfp.h include file.

The idea is that RedHat users will uncomment the definition of
KERNEL_HAS_GFP_T in ~drbd8/drbd/linux/drbd_config.h

Later this will done by the adjust_drbd_config_h.sh script (we
had that in drbd-0.7.x, and it needs to get forwarded to drbd8.

-Phil