[DRBD-user] Compile DRBD into the kernel

Vampire D vampired at gmail.com
Sun May 28 00:41:49 CEST 2006

I am trying to put DRBD into the kernel, I am using the command

'make kernal-patch KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.18'

I get the following message:

debian01:/usr/src/drbd-0.7.19# make kernel-patch KDIR=/usr/src/linux-
2.6.16.18
make -C drbd drbd_buildtag.c
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/drbd-0.7.19/drbd'
mv: missing destination file operand after `drbd_buildtag.c{.new,}'
Try `mv --help' for more information.
make[1]: *** [drbd_buildtag.c] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/drbd-0.7.19/drbd'
make: *** [drbd/drbd_buildtag.c] Error 2

I ran makeconfig already, and made all the configuration selections (I know
I will need to go back in and add in DRBD support once I do the patch).

Using Debian 3.1r2 'testing' branch.

--
"Do the actors on Unsolved Mysteries ever get arrested because they look
just like the criminal they are playing?"

Christopher