[DRBD-user] DRBD Sync Speed

Vampire D vampired at gmail.com
Wed May 24 22:28:31 CEST 2006

We just setup DRBD for Debian (SARGE), we are using 7200RPM IDE drives
(ordered some Raptor drives which will be configured as raid).

We are seeing roughly 2,932K/sec sync speed.  Is this pretty common for
dedicated GBit link and similar drives?  I am hoping it will speed up a lot
with the raptors and after we tune the drives, we managed to get it up to
arond 3,416Kb/s after adjusting hdparm setting a bit.

--
"Do the actors on Unsolved Mysteries ever get arrested because they look
just like the criminal they are playing?"

Christopher