[DRBD-user] newbie drbd/HA configuration question

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Sun Mar 26 23:23:50 CEST 2006

Ben,

It looks like you could be seeing a split brain operation from
heartbeat.  That is where both nodes think they own something.

Pulling the network cable isn't the best approach to doing the testing.
Rather, instead of pulling the cables, gracefully shutdown heartbeat on
the primary node and see if it fails over fine.  Watch the secondary
node at the same time and see if the resources are being owned properly.

Then you can do some more destructive tests like maybe pulling the power
code (not recommended for production environments but we do this as part
of our testing in dev).

You should also post your ha.cf, haresources and your network config
files so we can try to help out on those.  Everything else is just
guesswork on my part.

Gary Wayne Smith