[DRBD-user] DRBD and Fedora

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu
Fri Mar 24 16:18:35 CET 2006

I am new to DRBD and after some experimenting...followed by reading.. I
now know DRBD hangs with the latest Fedora Core 4 kernel
(2.6.15-1.1833_FC4). I can't do a simple mkfs. Apparently this is due to
some kernel patch that I can remove. I rather not change distributions
due to various reasons. I would like to see a patch to DRBD that solves
this, or a patch to the FC kernel that doesn't require me recompiling a
new kernel every time a new kernel is released. Thank you for the
development efforts for this project.

So, I am thinking of two computers with DRBD and heartbeat for NFS/LDAP,
limiting the computers to the last kernel that still works with DRBD.

Can I do LVM2 -> DRBD -> RAID -> FS or DRBD -> RAID -> LVM2

I want a expandable robust filesystem...is DRBD up to the task?