[DRBD-user] drbd -> disk /dev/???

Alfredo Pagano alfredo.pagano at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:42:22 CET 2006

Hi DRBD guru, perhaps a stupid question, but I hope that u can help me.

This is my /etc/drbd.conf

vm:~# more /etc/drbd.conf
resource drbd0 {
protocol C;

startup {
wfc-timeout 1; # 2 minutes.
}

net {
}

syncer {
rate 100M;
}

on HOST_2 {
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/???;
address 192.168.1.200:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}

on HOST_2 {
device /dev/drbd0;
disk /dev/???;
address 192.168.1.100:7788;
meta-disk internal;
}
}

The problem is that on my 2 machine I have a RAID 1 with :

~# df -h
/dev/md0              111G   12G   94G  11% /
tmpfs                1014M     0 1014M   0% /dev/shm

so, I don't know what I must put as "disk" ; if I set /dev/md0
~# /etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Lower device (/dev/md0) is already mounted
cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/md0 internal -1  failed!

if I create a new device with
mknod -m 777 /dev/prova b 147 0

and set /dev/prova like disk in /etc/drbd.conf I receive

:~# /etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Can not open lower device '/dev/prova':
Read-only file system

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/prova internal -1  failed!

Any suggest, comment, (flout) ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Alfredo