[DRBD-user] How to trigger an event on peer disconnection?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 11:49:43 CET 2006

Basically I want to trigger a script that triggers this below:

/etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk nfs start
mount /dev/drbd0 /mnt/drbd

I don't think I can use the heartbeat setup as described on
linux-ha.org, since the DRBD servers are already running Piranha and
failover/take the right IPs - so all that works properly.

Basically, I'd just like to have this triggered on the disconnect,
instead of having to cron something every $x seconds to check if drbd
is failed and if it should issue the drbddisk command and mount it
locally... right now I have been manually testing failover by issuing
those two lines every time I fail one server over to the other and it
seems to work good...

I don't think there's any way to do this from what I can tell. The
only thing that can be triggered is a "incon-degr-cmd" which doesn't
seem to fit what I want...?

Thanks in advance,
mike