[DRBD-user] Trouble with drbd-0.7.19.

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Wed Jun 14 16:19:42 CEST 2006

>following is my /etc/drbd.conf
>===============================
>resource RES1 {
>  protocol C;
>  incon-degr-cmd "wall Beware";
>
>  on dhruva {
>    device    /dev/drbd0;
>    disk      /dev/hda8;
>    address   192.168.1.18:7789;
>    meta-disk   internal;
>  }
>  on tucker {
>    device    /dev/drbd0;
>    disk      /dev/sda5;
>    address   192.168.1.5:7789;
>    meta-disk   internal;
>  }
>=================================
>
>So as far as I understood "dhruva" is primary and "tucker" is secondary,
>am I right?

No, both will start-off as secondary. On one of the nodes you'l need to
make it primary
before you're trying to write to /dev/drbd0. *Don't* use the underlaying
devices!
(I only use the real devices if I want to dd(8) clean the meta-disk
partition, but you don't use that).

>I have /dev/hda8 of Dhruva of 10GB size and /dev/sda5 of Tucker of 21GB
>size, so it wont cause problem, which is discussed in FAQs, right?

Why not recreate the partitions to the same size? I guess your setup
will work if you
start mkfs'ing the smaller Dhruva partition but you're wasting space on
the Tucker.

--Leroy