[DRBD-user] HA NFS with more than 2 nodes.

Ashish Khurange ashishk at it.iitb.ac.in
Mon Jun 5 13:55:40 CEST 2006

My question is :
Currently there is just one secondary node in DRBD setup. I want to
change this scenario as follows.
1. There can be n nodes in the cluster.
2. One node is primary node.
3. Remaining n-1 nodes are secondary nodes.
4. Now in original setup, for every write operation, primary creates a
thread  which updates the secondary. Keeping all the protocol as it is,
for every write operation I want to create n-1 threads, which can
perform the the desired operations of DRBD to all n-1 secondary nodes.

Is doing this possible?
If it can be done, then we have n nodes who have mirrored data. Then
using Heartbeat V 2 we can implement HA-NFS.

Waiting for valuable suggestions and directions.

Warm regards,
- Ashish K.