[DRBD-user] Problem when stopping node1

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Wed Jul 26 13:42:55 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 11:59 +0200, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> / 2006-07-26 14:33:32 +0530
> \ Milind Dumbare:
> > But I faced the same problem when I didn't have heartbeat. when I
> > brought hearbeat up it started working.
>
> well. maybe incidentally the problem was "solved" just "at the same
> time" you started to use heartbeat.
>
> the problem the OP described and heartbeat are unrealated things.
>
> > If its not the heartbeat then where is the problem?
>
> I don't know what your problem was/is.
> I have some guesses where the OPs problem lies.
> Thats why I requested some more details about the situation.
>
> > And where does heartbeat come in picture?
>
> when you need a cluster manager.
So you mean DRBD can work without cluster manager?
My schenario was this. I had primary with consistent data and secondary
with inconsistent data. As I have skipped the sync with (write_gi.pl).
So now when I pull out secondary's network cable ( secondary is down)
primary used to panic.

Is this unrelated to heartbeat?

--
-Milind