[DRBD-user] Problem when stopping node1

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 26 11:59:57 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-26 14:33:32 +0530
\ Milind Dumbare:
> But I faced the same problem when I didn't have heartbeat. when I
> brought hearbeat up it started working.

well. maybe incidentally the problem was "solved" just "at the same
time" you started to use heartbeat.

the problem the OP described and heartbeat are unrealated things.

> If its not the heartbeat then where is the problem?

I don't know what your problem was/is.
I have some guesses where the OPs problem lies.
Thats why I requested some more details about the situation.

> And where does heartbeat come in picture?

when you need a cluster manager.

> Can high availabality can be achieved without heartbeat?

of course, there are other cluster managers.  even "simple handcrafted
hackish scripts" sometimes to an amazing job for a very specific setup.
it depends.

btw, please try to post to the list only.