[DRBD-user] Just want to verify Posgresql works on DRDB

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 15:23:51 CEST 2006

Hi, I just wanted to verify that there is nothing wrong with storing a
Posgreql database on a DRDB partition.  I read some old emails about there
being problems, but the more recent ones seem to imply it should work fine.

I'm using two SUSE SLES 9 servers with Heartbeat to fail over some custom
services and Posgres.  I am using "type C" communication on DRDB.  There
have no modifications to Posgresql, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to force
fsyncs. So far everything works fine, though I havent done much testing on
indexed tables.

Are there any extra precautions I should be taking?

thanks!