[DRBD-user] Newbie probs with 0.8x on FC5

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Fri Jul 14 15:10:07 CEST 2006

hi

I installed drbd-8.0pre3 on two machines, I used following howtos:

http://www.drbd.org/drbd-howto.html
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Heartbeat_and_DRBD

my setup:
  on mw-test2.i-dis.net {
     device     /dev/drbd0;
     disk       /dev/sdb2;
     address    85.183.131.13:7788;
     meta-disk  /dev/sdb1[0];
   }

   on mw-test3.i-dis.net {
     device    /dev/drbd0;
     disk      /dev/sdb2;
     address   85.183.131.14:7788;
     meta-disk  /dev/sdb1[0];
#    meta-disk internal;
   }

after I startup drbd with /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd I do this on the primary:

[root at mw-test2 ~]#  drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say primary all
--do-what-I-say was renamed to --overwrite-data-of-peer, since that is
less ambiguous.
Only do it if you really know what you are doing. DRBD is going to save
this fact to its metadata, and it will really overwrite the peer's copy
of data with the local copy.
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say' terminated with
exit code 20
drbdsetup exited with code 20

when I do cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.0pre3 (api:82/proto:80)
SVN Revision: 2169 build by root at mw-test2.i-dis.net, 2006-07-10 21:50:54
  0: cs:Unconfigured

on both machines

I did format /dev/sdb2 with ext3 on first machine.

I dont know why nothing is syncing ? Im abit confused about diferent
howtos on the net...

please help :-)

Chris
Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc at zwecker.de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867
http://www.zwecker.de

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"