[DRBD-user] moving Primary/Unknown to Secondary/Primary

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Mon Jul 3 16:59:47 CEST 2006

I think in initial synchronization, that will be done automatically.
What you have to be carefull of is metadata, If you are giving it as
internal, if you are using the soon to be secondary without DRBD (Normal
mount)

One option can be, you make the available machine primary with some
temporary secondary machine. When new arrives make it secondary, Let the
initial synchronization happen and swap the states.

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 15:32 +0100, Sarunas Vancevicius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to be setting up drbd system, but I'll not get the server
> which will be used as a Primary for another while(waiting for those
> new Woodcrest CPUs). But I'll have the server which will be a
> Secondary soon.
>
> I would like to start using that server, and then turn it into a
> Secondary when the Primary server arrives, moving all the data
> stored in it to the Primary. Is this currently possible and how - just
> cp/dd the data from secondary to primary and --do-what-I-say primary
> all?
>
> Regards,
> Sarunas

...Milind