[DRBD-user] drbd and shutdown

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Feb 28 15:21:42 CET 2006

Andreas Schultz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having the exact same problem on 2.6.15.4. I believe that this is not a
> DRBD issue, but a mainline kernel problem.
> The error comes from DRBD refusesing to make the device a secondary because it
> thinks something is still using it. I have had the same problem on a LVM lv
> without DRBD. lvremove simply refused to remove a logical volume saying that
> it was still open. That volumen was dismountet and nothing visible was using
> it.
> So far, i've been unable to pinpoint excatly what is going on.

Have you looked at this thread?
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2005-November/004024.html
It may be related you your problems.

Granted it does not really hold any solutions, but it may let you know what to
look for to help us collect the data needed to track down and possibly solve
the problem.
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2005-November/004050.html
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2005-November/004074.html

--