[DRBD-user] degr-wfc-timeout - when is this value used?

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Feb 3 14:50:06 CET 2006

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2006 16:11 schrieb Werner Fischer:
> Hi all,
>
> I have degr-wfc-timeout set to 120, and tested it like Philipp described
> it in this post:
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-August/001674.html
>
> Initially, the cluster was running fine with services on node1 (so DRBD
> primary on node1, secondary on node2). I pulled the power cables from
> node2 -> so the cluster got degraded. Then I tried to reboot node1
> (using 'reboot' command) to see whether degr-wfc-timeout gets active or
> not.

Well, no. In this case it should use the normal wfc-timeout value.
Since DRBD's stop script makes the devices secondary when the
node gets rebooted.

> I expected DRBD to continue on boot after 120 seconds waiting. But
> it kept on waiting (I think because of wfc-timeout is on it's default
> value 0, which means unlimited).
> I did the same test again with pulling power cables on node1 (when it
> was an degraded cluster) instead of executing 'reboot' - but also in
> this case node1 kept on waiting unlimited...

Right. That is a bug. In this case it should use the degr-wcf-timeout.
I had a look at the implementation, an guess that in the execution
path between the drbd_md_read() and the drbd_get_wait_time() an
drbd_md_write() got inserted over the time of maintainance.

I have attached a patch that fixes the issue.
Please confirm that it is fixed, then I will apply the patch, and
it will be released with 0.7.16.

Thanks for pointing such issues out!

-Philipp