RES: RES: [DRBD-user] software RAID, LVM

Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello Leonardo.Mello at planejamento.gov.br
Thu Feb 2 19:26:49 CET 2006

>Thank you, Leonardo, this is very helpful!  I have a better understanding >now,
>but one more question:

>On Thursday 02 February 2006 11:00, Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello wrote:
> Hi Nate,

You can do this, but if you want to use a linux software raid as ROOT (/), you must use raid-1, or create one single partition for /boot. this is a limitation of grub/lilo to access the kernel and initrd images.

>DRBD would access /dev/md0, and there are LV's / and swap on /dev/md1.  This
>should insulate LVM against failure of one of the disks.

Does you realy need to use LVM ? i have bad experiences with it, like having some problem with my lvm volumes, sending 300 GB of files in lost+found. i never had problems with software raid. :-D