[DRBD-user] write performance

Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello Leonardo.Mello at planejamento.gov.br
Wed Aug 23 13:35:34 CEST 2006

Hi Anselm,

There is one important thing in your setup that can be affecting your performance. You have defined the syncer rate as 20MBytes/second. The maximum  theoretician performance that gigabit network can deliver is 125MBytes/second.

you must change this:
syncer {
     rate 20M;
     al-extents 1024;
     group 1;
   }

to this :

syncer {
     rate 125M;
     al-extents 1024;
     group 1;
   }

see if you have some difference in your speed.

I would like to know more about what you are doing with lustre. are you documentating it ? can tell me more in private ? leonardo.mello at planejamento dot gov dot br

I have some experience in gfs and ocfs2, and want to give lustre one try.

Best Regards
Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello