[DRBD-user] Question re. syncing

Adrian Hicks Adrian.H at auston.edu.sg
Tue Aug 15 04:52:19 CEST 2006

Hi.

I've done some testing re. which machine becomes sync source/target and
haven't got myself a conclusive answer so feel it would be quicker to ask
a question here.

Not considering Heartbeat, how does drbd (0.7) decide which machine is the
sync source and which is the sync target?

Does making a node primary for a device = making that node the sync source
for that device?

Let's say I boot both machines immediately after configuring drbd & the
drbd device is started as secondary, secondary.

When I make one node primary for the device, does this become the sync
source?  If so, is this always the case, ie. does making one node primary
for a drbd device dictate that that node is the sync source?

Thanks much.

Adrian Hicks
--
MIS Manager
Auston Institute of Management & Technology
E-mail: Adrian.H at auston.edu.sg
Web: http://www.auston.edu.sg