[DRBD-user] drbd and unix sockets

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Apr 29 00:08:45 CEST 2006

/ 2006-04-28 15:07:48 -0500
\ Christopher Harrison:
> I love drbd and the ease of use.   Kudos.
> Lately I have been having problems with the drbd block device.   The
> problem manifests in closing a unix socket on the drbd device device.
> The result freezes all io to the drbd devices (both primary and
> secondary).   The drbd device lock appears unrecoverable.   I have
> found a way to re sync the systems but it requires a reboot of both
> machines to re sync the devices.   After the reboot I force the
> secondary to be primary and blow away the meta data from the former
> primary device.   Only after I destroy the meta data can I  start my
> re sync to the former primary.   If I try to re sync with the old meta
> data, the previous primary system locks up again when it tries to
> become primary again.

I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with unix domain sockets.
Anything else that may be the cause of your troubles?
What exactly do you do to reproduce the problem?
In case you have a simple step-by-step starting "from scratch",
that leads you intro trouble always, we probably can reproduce this on
some testcluster here, which would really help in debugging.