[DRBD-user] DRB on top of lvm2

José Luis Fernández Perez MrNikel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 01:10:32 CEST 2006

Hello, I have a drbd on top of LVM installation on a couple of servers.
I use several LVM volumes that each holds one chroot machine. A drbd
volume for each one and them all replicated in the other node (twice).

 Now im trying to set up a backup system by means of dirvish (a mix
between hard links and rsync). The point is that I want to be able to
stop the chroot machines, snapshot the LVM volume and restart the
machine while the backup is being made using the LVM snapshot. Is that
possible?, I have read some issues about LVM and DRBD but they were so
old. Can I do that with a certain version of drbd?.