[DRBD-user] Where/How do you mount/unmount the drbd devices under heartbeat?

Martin J. Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Mon Sep 26 09:54:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have drbd-0.7.13 installed on two machines in a cluster controlled by
heartbeat (linuxHA, 2.0.2). I have a partition on each machine
containing ext3 which is defined as resource r0 in my /etc/drbd.conf. I
am starting drbd at boot time from /etc/rc.d with the supplied drbd
script. I have copied the drbddisk script into my heartbeat resource.d
directory and have an entry:

linuxha1 IPaddr::192.168.0.220/24/192.168.0.255 drbddisk::r0

in my haresources file. Where are the drbd devices supposed to be
mounted and unmounted on failover? In the drbddisk script? If so are
people just manually adding a mount command under the "start" in
drbddisk and an umount under the "stop"?

Thanks.

Martin