[DRBD-user] drbd size limit

David Bernick bernz at lextranet.com
Fri Sep 16 09:29:25 CEST 2005

>this limit is _per device_
>so if you want to have 23 TB, you need to configure 6 drbd devices.
>you should use some 64bit arch, of course.
>
>you may be interessted in the "enterprise version" of drbd.
>contact office at linbit.

i have a 64-bit machine with 16GB of ram, so RAM is not really an issue.

I understand this is a hardcoded limit, but as this is opensource, if
it's just a matter of changing one line, i'm fine with that. My main
question is: if i change the line that sets 128MB as the maximum size
for metadata, can I use larger devices (12TB or so).