[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Sun Oct 9 19:32:35 CEST 2005

Lars Ellenberg wrote:

>>>I think that neither of these can be confirmed.
>>>If we mount the filesystem on /dev/md3, and export over NFS, everything
>>>works like a charm.  No problems whatsoever.  All with full NFS load.
>>>(But without traffic over Gigabit crossover link, I must admit).

Now that think about it, drbd traffic was actually *not* involved when
the error occurred last time.  Drbd was in WFConnection mode from the
beginning, the other machine did not run drbd.  So, the difference is
just "fs on standalone drbd on md" versus "fs on md" - first gives error
and the second works.

I would suspect that drbd touches some execution path in the underlying
driver that would not be run by filesystem code.  And triggers a bug there.

Does it make sense?

Note however that there is an 'md' layer on top of hardware driver in
both "good" and "bad" cases...

Eugene