[DRBD-user] Re: filesystem corruptions

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Oct 9 15:41:32 CEST 2005

/ 2005-10-09 14:40:03 +0200
\ Lars Ellenberg:
> > I think that neither of these can be confirmed.
> > If we mount the filesystem on /dev/md3, and export over NFS, everything
> > works like a charm.  No problems whatsoever.  All with full NFS load.
> > (But without traffic over Gigabit crossover link, I must admit).

an other nice test suggested three years ago by people encountering the
infamous via dma northbridge bug
(or was it south? I always confuse them...)

# cat /dev/hde > null & # or some scsi device
# cat /dev/hdg > null & # or wherever your disks are
# ping -f -s 64000 otherMachine &

so now you have local io load, and high network load at the same time.
see if that reproduces the corruption without DRBD being involved.

one of the workaround "solutions" back then was to place the NIC
into some other pci slot :-)
... hardware ... sometimes I wonder why it works most of the time.