[DRBD-user] DRBD as a "backup" System

Luc de Louw luc at delouw.ch
Fri Nov 11 20:19:21 CET 2005

Folks,

Following Situation:

I have to create a Archive System with some backup. The System includes
two Server which have a Raid5 Disk Subsystem attached.

My Plan is now to set up DRBD with heartbeart and disable automated
takeover.

The second server will be powered on only once each month to get in sync
again (very little data will change)

In case of accidential deletetion of data, the secondary server (which
is usually powered down) will be forced to be sync source.

What do you think about such a scenario? It is some kind of abuse of
DRBD, but from my point of view it should work.

Your opinions?

rgds

Luc