[DRBD-user] Fwd: Re: [Linux-HA] hb 2.0.3 cvs does not start anymore with config of 2.0.2

Joachim Banzhaf joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de
Thu Nov 10 21:34:31 CET 2005

Hi,

I think this is interesting for drbd users too...

regards,

Joachim Banzhaf

Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] hb 2.0.3 cvs does not start anymore with config	of
2.0.2
Date: Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 23:18
From: Joachim Banzhaf <joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de>
To: linux-ha at lists.linux-ha.org

Hi Andrew, Serge and Alan,

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 06:37 schrieb Alan Robertson:
> Serge.Dubrouski at fjcomm.com wrote:
> > It is very possible that the problem is that your OCF start scripts don't
> > return $OCF_NOT_RUNNING value when "monitor" function is called and
> > resources are down. I had similar problem when moved my config files from
> > 2.0.2 to 2.0.3. BTW: the in CVS 2.0.3 some of heartbeats' OCF script did
> > not complain to this rule.
>
> And I think that this restriction is a problem.  I know that it's the
> LSB spec - but I doubt it's very often (if at all) followed.

All three of you were right!
I just trusted the ocf compliance of the delivered scripts.
The resources start just fine with my patched versions.

The problem with the stop order remains.
For me, it seems, the stop starts as expected.
In parallel to the rightly ordered stop operation the DC role is released and
as soon as the election timeout pops, another round of stop operations is
started , this time all operations at once.

It would definitely help, if the lrm would print the exact commands it
executes and the return codes.

regards,

Joachim Banzhaf