[DRBD-user] SCSI errors when SyncSourcing

rixed at happyleptic.org rixed at happyleptic.org
Thu Nov 10 11:14:27 CET 2005

Hi !

Im trying to set up a drbd config involving 2 computers, one with three SCSI
hard discs, and another with 3 IDE hards disks. Three partitions of same size
are thus kept in sync with drbd (3 drbd ressources).

Im experiencing strange things during initial synchronisation if the SCSIs are
the primaries (sync source) : quickly, the SCSI driver output many error
messages. Eventually, the sync will fail after some tens of minutes (giving a
kernel panic on both sides).

When I sync the other way round, all go cleanly.

I've checked the SCSI drives both using the controler integrated checks in BIOS
and by reading them all (cat /dev/sda>/dev/null), and they look OK.  Plus, this
is not always the same drbd ressources that fails.

I cannot give precisely the SCSI error messages since Im at home at the moment,
but I suspect them to be misleading anyway.

Any clue where I could find clues ?