[DRBD-user] xen, drbd, lvm, kernel oops

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Nov 2 19:51:31 CET 2005

/ 2005-11-01 17:44:50 -0800
\ jeremy avnet:
> >do you know for sure that your 2.6.11.12-xen0 has the bio clone fix patch?
> >or can you update to something post 2.6.12.4?
>
> I was under the impression the bug was only hit if you were using the
> md driver as well, which I am not.  The kernel I am using does *not*
> have this fix.

no. this bug shows when someone uses bio_clones.
the md driver does, most of the time.
the device mapper does, at times.
drbd does, all the time.

though, the problem at hand seems not neccessary be related to bio
clones, your "badness" happens much too early during mount...

> However, I discovered upgrading to v0.7.14 has remedied the problem.
> Does this make sense?

not really...
unexpected self healing?

	:->