[DRBD-user] Oracle+DRBD+HeartBeat cluster: What hostname to use for installation and work?

Igor Yu. Zhbanov bsg at uniyar.ac.ru
Tue Nov 1 19:02:42 CET 2005

Hello!

I am installing Oracle 10g on top of DRBD and HeartBeat. But I don't know what
to do with host names of cluster nodes. Suppose the host name of cluster is cs,
and the host names of nodes are node1 and node2. When I set up Oracle on node1
I see many files and directories containing "node1" string. So I'm not sure
that Oracle will start normally on node2 when host name will be changed.

So how to install Oracle correctly on DRBD+HeartBeat cluster? Should I change
$HOSTNAME environment variable to "cs" or even provide fake /bin/hostname
command for Oracle?

Thanks!