[DRBD-user] drbd dual mount

Tim Hibbard hibbard at ohio.edu
Wed May 11 17:03:42 CEST 2005

I have a scenario in my head and thought I would ask the experts.

I have two server in a heartbeat cluster and a slave machine.  The two server have a shared storage device.
Only one server is set to active mode in the cluster and the other server is on standby.  Drbd runs on the
slave machine and the active server.

My scenario is the both server mount the same shared storage disk.  I know that data corruption will occur from a
dual mount.  Will the slave machine copy the corruption?  Will the data on the slave machine be corrupted
because of a remote dual mount scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Tim Hibbard