[DRBD-user] drbd trunk won't make new volume

David Warren warren at atmos.washington.edu
Fri May 6 18:24:19 CEST 2005

I am running 2.6.11.7 with the most recent drbd-trunk code. When I load
the driver and do drbdadm up all I get:
ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid argument
No valid meta-data signature found.
Use 'drbdadm create-md res' to initialize meta-data area.

Command './drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda1 internal -1
--on-io-error=detach' terminated with exit code 20

Following those instructions I get:
drbdadm create-md ldmdata
offset 1270857728, size 349

Valid meta-data already in place, recreate new?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm] yes

Creating meta data...

Then I run drbdadm up all and get a repeat of the original error.
Now, I know that drbdmeta does write something as I wrote a small
program to read the v08 md stuff:
a_sect = 0
uuid[0] = 0
uuid[1] = 0
uuid[2] = 0
uuid[3] = 0
flags = 0
magic = 1795323011
md_size = 8
al_offset = 134217728
al_nr_extents = 16842752
bm_offset = 1207959552
reserved =

Anyone have any suggestions how to get the trunk version going. I would
like to do some experimentation using drbd with gfs.

Thanks.

David Warren 		INTERNET: warren at atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0945		Fax: (206) 543-0308
University of Washington
Dept of Atmospheric Sciences, Box 351640
Seattle, WA 98195-1640