[DRBD-user] Non persistant root drive ( booting from compactflash rom).

Brett Bolen hbbolen at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 20:51:04 CET 2005

I noticed on a sidebar on the drbd article, that drbd uses
a directory in /var ( maybe /var/lib/drbd ) for 'meta-data'
which is used to determine which drive to sync from.

We have a system that boots from a compact flash  -- the
init ram drive is a file that is unzipped to make the root
file system.  This means that there is no persistant data
across reboots.

Does this pose a problem for drbd?

We are using this for a ha-nfs -- and use real disks for
the nfs mounts.

Thanks
b\375