[DRBD-user] Re: drbd-user Digest, Vol 11, Issue 23

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Jun 26 19:59:39 CEST 2005

you should use a threading aware mailer.
would make your threads more readable.

/ 2005-06-25 12:46:25 -0400
\ Maurice Volaski:

> Are you saying my math doesn't add up?

I just suggest that you have to be careful.

> >btw, you do NOT want to resize a drbd with internal meta data.
> >really.
> >use external meta data (that is easy on lvm).
> This is scary. Why?

because I say so *gee*
no:
because internal meta data is located in the last part of the device.
if the device changes size, the meta data changes position.
so it has to be moved.
_during_ the move, if something bad happens,
you might end up in a situation where drbd has to recreate it.
still, if you know what you are doing, no damage done,
but I'd rather avoid that...